Tuesday, December 31, 2013

On the Passing of Carter Camp a great Warrior and Brother.

Statement from Leonard Peltier on the passing of Carter Camp.
USP Coleman Prison December 31, 2013

Greetings my Relatives, friends and supporters,

This is an open letter to Carter Camp’s family and loved ones.
I have just heard the news of my brother's passing. I want to send a condolence message. I want to begin with how sad this is for me to hear that another one of our elder warriors has passed on. I want people to know that I considered Carter to be one of our GREAT warriors; a man who when called upon would travel great distances to give assistance to native people who needed help.

Carter was known among us as someone who would stand up for what he believed in and put his life on the line if need be. He was an eloquent speaker and political strategist and also known for being quite blunt at times, which is refreshing considering today’s world of where people say one thing and do another. Carter lived his beliefs and honored his family. Carter was a leader, a spokesperson, a teacher, and an inspiration to others, especially when it came to taking a stand for what was right.

NOT once had I ever heard that Carter had RUN FROM A FIGHT.

He will never be forgotten as we will always remember him in our songs and when we sit around our fires while the rocks are heating for our inipi ceremonies.
We will always speak good things about him.

We will miss you Carter, but some of us will see you soon, so be waiting for us.

In the spirit of Crazy Horse
Leonard Peltier
Mitakuye Oyasin


No comments:

Post a Comment